Thursday, September 4, 2014

ESSIE DRESS TO KILT COLLECTION + CAMOUFLAGE NAILS


When a collection is inspired by 'espionage and the thrill of the chase' you just know it is going to be good. Essie's latest release for Fall 2014 is Dress To Kilt, a collection of 6 polishes featuring a thick easy to apply formula with a killer shine. While most bloggers were bored by the dark, and 'mundane' shades in this collection, I found myself smitten. There is something so charming about the simplicity of each of the polishes individually, but also an excitement about what they will create when they are combined.  

I grabbed 3 polishes from the Dress to Kilt Collection; Take It Outside, Fall In Line and The Perfect Cover Up. The shades are stunning individually. There is no shade as perfectly sophisticated & edgy as Take It Outside, no camouflage manicure will ever be created without using Fall In Line again, and nothing can compare to how BAE The Perfect Cover Up becomes when a matte top coat is added. Together the polishes create a modern teal-based camouflage print that I consider the perfect manicure to welcome my favourite season, Fall.

AM¥     XO

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! <3

    http://happinessvictim.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've now come to determine that the shades ended up more blue in my manicure due to the horrid Gel Top Coat I had been using though :(.

      Delete