Monday, December 22, 2014

SEPHORA FAVOURITES . DARE TO OIL

There is no better feeling than slathering a beauty oil onto freshly cleansed skin right before hopping under the duvet. It's a cozy feeling that simply cannot be trumped. I've tried my fair share of beauty oils but still find myself on the hunt for the ONE – that HG status, googly eye, can't live without you, one. In my search I stumbled upon the Sephora Favourites Dare To Oil Set ($40) – a set of Sephora's favourite beauty oils. I figured this was a great way to test out some new contenders, as well as re-acquaint myself with a long lost love, the Tarte Maracuja Oil. I've since re-purchased the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil, as the 'Model Citizen' bottle was on sale, here, but will definitely be returning to a few of the oils featured in this set in the future.

THE BEAUTY OILS
I can't believe that I wasn't previously introduced to this vitamin C packed beauty oil, perfect for brightening dark spots and evening out skin tone – much needed given my current facial situation. Dispensed via a pump, this lightweight oil is infused with 100% pure organic rose hips seed oil, which is chalked full of vitamin C, vitamin A, and essential fatty acids. And yet somehow, it has the fastest absorption rate of them all – making me contemplate why I haven't previously considered incorporating it into my morning skincare regime. There is no greasy film leftover, and the citrus scent provides an instant wake-me-up.

After years of loving the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil I finally get to test out the brand's 'Light' version. I instantly noticed a difference in the texture of the light version, almost watery in appearance, but the moment it is massaged into the skin I am quickly reminded of the same moisturizing properties found in their original oil. Given the featherweight formula it does absorb quite quicker than the original, leaving a semi-matte finish, however I still find myself vary of wearing it during the daytime. This version is likely to become my go to during the summer months when my skin requires less hydration – a beach babe's essential.

Being the most expensive oil of the bunch, a whopping $99 for 1oz, I expected this to be my favourite oil – sadly, I definitely don't belong to the targeted age-range. The oil is formulated with microalgae, ceramides and brown algae extract to restore skins elasticity, leaving skin firmer, more supple and more radiant. It is the 'thickest' oil of the quad, meaning a little certainly does not go a long way. I've since given the sample to my mom and she has got along with it quite well – she boasts of hydrated skin come the morning and has even convinced herself that her fine lines and wrinkles are softening. At this point it feels sinful not to purchase the full size as her Christmas gift – yes I am that much of a procrastinator.

Tarte Maracuja Oil ($55)
Well hello old friend. My love for beauty oils can be attributed to this miracle product – although I've since, regrettably, turned a blind eye to it. The Tarte Maracuja Oil is the most hydrating, and [although I hate to admit it] greasiest, oil I've come across – but for us dry skinned beauties it is an absolute MUST in the winter. Formulated with two simple ingredients, Maracuja Oil and vitamin C, this rich oil works to rejuvenate the skin and deliver an even-toned, brightened, complexion. When I first began using it years ago I received so many compliments on the appearance of my skin, which I solely attribute to the oil as it was the only part of my skincare regime that was changed. Makes me sad that I've strayed from it for so long.

Are you a beauty oil kind of girl? What is your favourite?




AM¥     XO

4 comments:

  1. Josie Maran's Argan Oil is suchhhh a favourite, I haven't even looked at the light one! I do occasionally wish I could wear the regular argan oil out when I'm feeling super dehydrated though, so maybe it's time to indulge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a great alternative for day wear! This winter has my skin feeling mighty dehydrated already ugh.

      Delete
  2. Ohh I would to give Tarte's Maracuja Oil a go! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete