Thursday, January 29, 2015

L'OREAL . VOLUMINOUS MISS MANGA MASCARA

Whenever I meet a mascara that makes my small baby eye lashes look similar to that of my ex-boyfriends, I latch on. He had these lashes that appeared layered and we long enough that they hit his eyelids when he smiled. Each and every day we spent together I told him I would be cutting them off that night as he slept and using them as my false lashes. I, of course, never did this – I'm not crazy. But I always thought it was sadly ironic that a male could possess better lashes than most of the women I know. 

Luckily, I've now met the L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara, my new favourite for creating thick, long lashes that resemble my exes. 'Miss Manga' simply refers to the female characters seen in Japanese comics, as they always have long, thick, pointed lashes emphasizing their eyes to ooze femininity. I've always been a fan of the 'spider lash' look and think it is the easiest, and most effective way to fake long, think lashes, which is exactly what Miss Manga delivers. The tapered brush makes application easy, even for the smaller lashes along the inner corner of my eye, although I could go without the 360º flexor brush as I like a sturdy brush. Given my dry skin I didn't experience any creasing or smudging throughout the day, and yet I still found the mascara easy to remove with my Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser come bedtime. I also truly appreciate the range of shades in this line, with Blackest Black being the ideal darkness for my lashes. And yet on days when I want as softer, more natural look I can definitely see myself reaching for the Black Brown shade. 

I am so happy to have finally found a drugstore mascara that I love! I won't be giving up on this one for quite a while!

THE RESULTS
MY LIPS ARE SO DRY!! ARGH


AM¥     XO

6 comments:

  1. I have the waterproof version and I love wearing it on a regular day because it's so easy to remove and doesnt look too dramatic on me. It looks really good on you!

    Michelle | A Lovely Allure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may need to buy the Waterproof version.. I step into the cold and my eyes begin to water like crazy. I got to an appointment the other day and had back streaming down my face. So embarassing hahaha.

      Delete
  2. Hmm I'm really interested! I think I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard so many amazing things about this mascara! I can't wait for it to be released here.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete